There is always a story waiting to be told.
Grab a cup of coffee and join me as I share some Salt & Light.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dia-not gonna beat us

We have been trying to get Remy's blood sugars 'normal' for I don't know how long. She wakes up so high daily and then corrects, eats breakfast and by morning snack she's still high and some days still high til lunch. We are finally getting the waking sugars under control. But, holy insulin Batman, she requires a lot of insulin from 2am to 8am. We are thinking that she's going to have to go on the bigger pump, that holds the larger cartridges of insulin, as we are changing the site/vial barely making it three days. I doubt we'll be able to get her on the bigger pump. Being on the state health care and all. I can't even get her test strips. The state only allows coverage for test strips if she tests 2-4 times a day. She tests 6-8 times a day. I love how the state dictates her health care. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we have coverage, but it makes getting her insulin (the type - they only cover humulog NOT novolog and they think I should just switch because 'they' say so!) and testing supplies hard to get. What scares me is that this past weekend, her blood sugar was so high and it made her feel so awful, she had a severe headache that ended up resulting in her vomiting. She was terrified to feel that way. She never asked for this to happen nor does she deserve it in any way. I hate this disease and I pray for a cure. But, if they really found a cure would they say so? The companies that have their hand in maintaining your health with diabetes would be out out of business. Would they allow that to happen? This is a manageable disease... whatever. It also will ruin my daughter's future from here on out as it's a 'pre-existing condition' - one that she never asked for. I'm so sorry for my baby girl that she has to do all that she does for her own health. I can never know what it feels like to have a high blood sugar or a low blood sugar to experience one and then the other throughout the course of a day. I hate it for her. I'm so sorry Pumpkin. I wish I could take it away for you. I love you more than anything and I pray that there is a cure for diabetes in your lifetime. I love you, my girlie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment